Sauteed Turmeric Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes make a lovely side dish to chicken, pork or lamb. Add red and green capsicum (bell peppers) for a real explosion of colour!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm knob of ginger, chopped
- Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
1) Heat a pan to a medium heat with a little coconut oil.
2) In a bowl, combine the onions and sweet potatoes with the lemon, turmeric and cayenne. Add the garlic and ginger and mix together.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 drop thyme
- salt and pepper
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat
- Add remaining ingredients,bring to boil, cover and simmer 17 minutes
- Stir in remaining butter, remove bay leaf, serve.
Turmeric Chicken Recipe
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- 8 oz skinless and boneless chicken meat (breast or thigh), cut into strips
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red chili, deseeded and cut into thick strips
- 2 oz French beans, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken with the turmeric powder and oyster sauce for 15 minutes.
2. Heat up a wok and add the oil. Stir-fry the onion until aromatic, then add the chicken and do a few quick stirs.
3. Add the red chili, French beans and stir well with the ingredients in the wok.
4. Add the water into the wok and continue to cook the chicken.
5. Add the sugar and salt (to taste), and continue stirring until the chicken is cooked through. Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.