Steak tartare is prepared from finely chopped or minced raw beef, served with onions, capers, seasonings and raw egg yolk.
- 100g/3½oz organic beef fillet, finely chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and drained, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 free-range egg yolk
(savoury pickled cucumber) 小黃瓜
Preparation method :-
- Place the chopped beef, gherkins, capers and shallot into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the mustard, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- To serve, spoon the steak tartare mixture onto a slice of plain or toasted dark rye or pumpernickel bread.
- Make a small dent in the top of the tartare and top with a fresh egg yolk.
- Eat immediately.
The Best Steak Tartare in Paris
Steak Tartar – Restaurante Son Floriana