Shrimp Recipes - Recettes crevette
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 350 g colossal shrimp
- 3/4 tbsp vegetable oil (11 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/16 tsp Old Bay seasoning, optional
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut in cubes (29 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup shrimp stock (using reserved shells, sauteed in 1 tsp butter, and simmered with 1 cup stock or water for 20-30 min)
- juice of half lemon
- hot sauce to taste
- 1-1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- lots of white rice
2) Hawaiian Shrimp Truck Scampi
- 5 shell-on U-15 (extra large) shrimp, deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup flour (64 g)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (1/2 tbsp for spicier tastes)
- 1/4 stick clarified butter (see our video recipe)(a dash of olive oil to regular butter) (29 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/16 cup white wine (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp regular butter (14 g)
1. To begin, rinse and thaw your large shrimp in cool running water. Lightly pat dry. In a wide tupperware dish, place the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix lightly with your hands and coat each piece of shrimp on both sides.
2. Heat saute pan over high heat. Add clarified butter and garlic. Stir for 1 minute, then add all of the shrimp, which has been coated in the flour mixture. Saute 3 minutes on each side.
3. After 3 minutes on the second side, add the 1/8 cup of white wine and 2 tablespoons butter. Saute, turning shrimp occasionally, until it reaches a caramel brown color.
4. Remove shrimp immediately and serve with two mounds of sticky steamed calrose rice and a lemon wedge, spooning extra garlic butter sauce over the rice and shrimp. Add extra salt and cayenne pepper to taste if desired.
Hawaiian Shrimp Truck Scampi
3) Shrimp Scampi – Recipe by Laura Vitale
- ½ lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and de-veined (227 g)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1/2 Cup White Wine (120 ml)
- Juice of One Small Lemon (2 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (14 g)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (14 ml)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley (or Coriander 芫荽)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil and garlic in a non stick pan over high heat until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
2. Add the white wine and let it reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes
3. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper, cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked thru.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the lemon juice, butter and parsley. Stir everything to mix and remove from the heat.
5. Serve over pasta, rice or with a nice chunk of Italian bread.
Wine pairing – German white wine
Shrimp Scampi – Recipe by Laura Vitale
4) Shrimp Scampi with Garlic
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
- 340 g extra large or jumbo shrimp
- 1/3 cup clarified butter (38 g)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (63 g)
- 1/8 cup dry white wine (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel, devein, and rinse shrimp; set aside
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned
- Add the shrimp to the garlic, along with the green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook, stirring, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook
- Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired
Serves two as a main dish or as a first course.
Clarified Butter Substitute
Add a dash of olive oil to equal quantity of regular butter