Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- 2 cup broccoli florets 西蘭花
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms 蘑菇
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash 南瓜
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered 夏南瓜
- 1 yellow squash, sliced and quartered 黃色南瓜
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 紅甜椒
- 1 red onion, chopped 紅洋蔥
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place broccoli florets, mushrooms, butternut squash, zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.*
*Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 40 mins
Total time 45 mins
- 1 large head of broccoli, florets chopped off
from the stalk 西蘭花
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into half moons
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped into half moons 黃色南瓜
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 10 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced 波托貝洛蘑菇
- 1⁄4 cup of olive oil
- 2-3 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2. In a large bowl, toss all the vegetables together with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Divide the vegetables among two jelly roll pans.
- 4. Roast vegetables for 35-40 minutes, removing the
vegetables from the oven every 15 minutes to stir around.
You can virtually roast any type of vegetable you want with
this base recipe. Adjust amount of olive oil and salt/pepper
based on the amount of veggies you’re roasting. I’ve done
sweet potatoes, potatoes, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc.
- 4 Summer Squash 西葫蘆
- 3 Brussels Sprouts 球芽甘藍
- 6 Charlotte Onions 夏洛特洋蔥
- 7oz (200 g) Small Potatoes (Kipfler)
- 6 oz (170 g) Baby Carrots
- 6 oz (170 g) Mushrooms
- 5 oz (140 g) Green Beans 青刀豆
- 6 oz (170 g) Tomatoes (baby tomatoes)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt, Black Pepper Powder
- 1- Place summer squash, brussels sprouts, charlotte onions, potatoes and baby carrots in a large bowl.
- 2- In a cup, combine olive oil, balsamic and a pinch of salt and pepper, stir well.
- 3- Add the mixture (marinade) to the bowl, stir thoroughly and marinate for about an hour.
- 4- Cover a bakeware with aluminum foil, transfer the marinated veggies along with half of the marinade into the bakeware.
- 5- Cover the bakeware with aluminum foil and seal edges thoroughly.
- 6- Preheat oven to 400º F (205º C), place the bakeware in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- 7- Meanwhile, add mushrooms, green beans and tomatoes to the remaining marinade.
- 8- Stir until well mixed and marinate for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9- Remove the veggies from the oven, add marinated mushrooms/green beans/tomatoes along with the rest of the marinade to the bakeware, add more salt and seal with aluminum foil.
- 10- Ramp up oven to 425º F (218º C), place the veggies back into oven and continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
Roasted Veggies (Healthy) Recipe