Sweet Pickle Relish (甜醃開胃小菜)
Yield: 3 pints 產量：3品脫
cucumbers, deseeded and chopped 500 g
(黃瓜，去籽，切碎 – medium – 2個中)
onions, chopped 300 g
(洋蔥，切碎 – 2 large or 4 medium – 4個中)
green bell pepper, chopped 280 g
(青椒，切碎 – 2個中)
red bell pepper, chopped 280 g
(紅甜椒，切碎 – 2個中)
sea salt (海鹽) 28.5 g
cups sugar (糖) 100 g
apple cider vinegar (蘋果醋) 1 cups
celery seeds (芹菜籽/芹菜種子) 1 tablespoon
mustard seeds (芥菜籽/芥菜種子) 1 tablespoon
ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
ground ginger 1/2 tsp
ground turmeric 薑黃 1/2 tsp
ground clove 丁香 1/2 tsp
- To deseed cucumbers – cutting them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with scoop.
- Chop the unpeeled cucumbers as well as the other vegetables with a Pampered Chef chopper.
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt over the chopped vegetables.
- Cover with cold water and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain vegetables well, then press out as much liquid as possible
- In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar and seeds.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, put into pint jars according to standard canning procedures.
指導說明 翻譯 [廣東話] Preparation
Pampered Chef chopper
Sweet Pickle Relish
How to make and can sweet pickle relish