Pork - le porc
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Cubes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cubed (907 g)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (110 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (10 g)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh is best
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 habaneros 彩椒 or 1 jalapeno pepper 墨西哥辣椒, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric 薑黃
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Brown pork cubes for 6 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and garlic, lower heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, lower heat and cook, covered, over low heat for 40 or 50 minutes till pork is tender.
- Uncover pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until juices have reduced to a thick glaze.
- Serve warm.
Quick Curried Pork Chops 簡單咖哩豬排
- 4 pork chops (boneless center loin 去骨中心裡脊肉)(453 g)
- 1 tablespoon butter (14.2 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules 牛肉清湯粒
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook pork chops on both sides in margarine or butter until no pink remains.
- Remove pork chops from the pan.
- Add apple slices to frying pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir parsley, flour, curry powder, bouillon granules and pepper into drippings.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (just a few minutes).
- Stir in wine or water.
- Return pork chops to frying pan and heat through.
- Good served with rice.