Penne with anchovy, broccoli, chilli and garlic
- 400g/14oz dried penne pasta
- 1 x 50g/1¾oz tin anchovies (鳳尾魚) in olive oil, oil reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (use half if you prefer less heat)
- 1 head of broccoli (about 350g/12oz), chopped into very small florets
- salt and black pepper
- Cook penne pasta according to instruction in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. When penne pasta is two minutes before being ready, add broccoli to the pan. Continue to cook for two minutes and then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Pour 1½ tablespoons of the anchovy oil into the pan and, once hot, add the anchovies and the garlic, breaking the anchovies up with a wooden spoon. Cook gently until the anchovies have melted into a paste. Add the chilli flakes and mix well. Reduce heat to low until penne pasta is ready.
- Topple penne pasta and broccoli into the pan with the anchovies and stir well to coat everything in the anchovy sauce. If the anchovies are too thick or the pasta a little sticky, add a dash of the pasta water, stir and continue to add until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve.
Penne Pasta with Onion and Tomato sauce
- Penne Pasta – 1 cup (100 g dried penne)
- Onions – 1 medium (110 g)
- Green Chili paste – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili powder – 1 /2 (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1-2 tsp
- Boil the penne pasta in 3 times its quantity of water according to instruction and drain the water when the pasta is cooked. Keep it aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat the oil. Saute onions till brown, add ginger garlic paste, then green chili paste, fry well.
- Add tomato puree, salt to taste, and add red chili powder (optional). Combine everything well.
- Simmer for 5 mins with lid covered. Then add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Baked rotisserie chicken breasts 2, sliced
- Prosciutto ham 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced
- Carrots 3, sliced
- Asparagus stalks 蘆筍莖 10, sliced
- Garlic 2 Cloves (10 gm), minced
- Leek (韭蔥) 1, sliced
- Artichoke hearts 朝鮮薊心 4, quartered
- Lemon 1, juice extracted
- Peas 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Olive oil 2 Tablespoons
- Chicken stock 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Heavy cream 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Kosher salt To Taste
- Fresh cracked pepper
For penne pasta
– Penne pasta 3⁄4 Pound (340 gm)
– Salt 1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)
- In a large hot pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne noodles until al dente (firm to the bite). Once cooked, remove from the heat, strain and set aside.
- In a large hot sauté pan, heat olive oil, and add in the prosciutto ham. Sauté for a few minutes and add in the carrots, asparagus, garlic, leeks, artichokes and chicken.
- Once brown, deglaze with lemon juice and pour in stock and cream and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the peas, cooked penne noodles and season with salt and pepper
Garnish with scallions(香蔥) and serve hot.
Pasta Arrabiata Penne
- Olive oil 3 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Red pepper 1 Medium, chopped finely
- Canned tomato 1 Cup (16 tbs), diced
- Penne pasta 1 Cup (100 g) (tri colored)
- Parsley/Coriander 1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
- Mozarella cheese 1⁄2 Cup (115 g), shredded
- Salt 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
1. In a pot bring water to boil. Season with salt to taste and cook the pasta till al dente (firm to the bite). Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Put the garlic, red pepper and sauté for a few minutes or till the garlic turns fragrant.
3. Put the canned tomatoes and cook for around 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft. Add the cooked pasta into it and stir well till they are coated with the sauce. Add the parsley and continue to cook for another minute.
4. In a serving bowl, put the pasta, garnish with mozzarella cheese and parsley and serve hot.
Pasta Arrabiata Penne