Paste - pâte
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup chopped Ginger (50 g)
- 1 cup peeled garlic cloves (142 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- Wash ginger thoroughly with cold water and pat dry it thoroughly.
- After the ginger being completely dry, cut it to small cubes. You can retain skin if preferred.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add salt and dry roast till salt change its color to light golden color. Switch off the heat and put the pan aside.
- Put ginger and garlic in a blender and blast making it to smooth paste.
- Use oil to help in grinding process.
- Once the paste is done, add roasted salt and again pulse 4 to 5 more times, to incorporate salt well with ginger garlic paste.
- Put the paste in a clean glass jar and refrigerate it immediately.
- Be sure ginger is completely dry, after washing.
- Do not use water while grinding ginger and garlic.
- For longer storage life, store ginger garlic paste in small jars, instead of dumping the whole batch in one jar.
- Do not put the jar of ginger garlic paste on the side doors of refrigerator, instead of that find the coldest possible area in the refrigerator for its storage.
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe
Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe Homemade
How to make Green Chilli Paste
- 100 gms Green chillies
- Salt to taste (3/4 to 1 tsp approx)
- Wash the green and remove excessive waster with salad spinner. Dry the green chillies on the kitchen napkin for 2-3 hrs until they are completely dry without any water droplets.
- Grind the green chillies with salt to a coarse paste. Do not grind it to fine paste. The shelf life of coarse paste will be longer
- Remove the paste and store it in an air tight glass container and keep it refrigerated.
- The green chillies should be completely dry without any water droplets.
- Adding salt will increase the shelf life therefore do not add less in it.
- Use a clean spoon to take out the paste from glass container.
- The paste can be stored for a month or more when refrigerated.
How to make a paste of Green Chillies