Galinha à Africana (Portuguese Chicken)
Galinha à africana, African-style chicken (literally African-style hen), often known just as frango assado (barbecued chicken, the way it is generally referred to in Brazil) is a dish of Portuguese cuisine, which is a barbecued chicken coated with spicy piri piri sauce. In Brazil, vendor offered frangos assados are mildly or not spicy; traditional recipes more often reflect individual tastes……….
Read Full Documentation
Total Time 4hrs 30mins
Preparation 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 2 char-grilled red capsicums (bought from the deli section)
- 1 -2 dried piri-piri, chili, crumbled
- 1 large long red fresh chili pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
- 1⁄2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- lemon wedge, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- To make the piri piri sauce, put the peppers, dried and fresh chillies, red wine vinegar, garlic, paprika and coriander into a food processor. Add enough olive oil to make a loose paste.
- Spread the piri piri over the chicken and marinate overnight.
- Set the BBQ or griddle pan to hot and cook chicken both sides until crispy and brown.
- While cooking, heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan to use as additional sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and serve with lemon wedges, extra sauce and crusty bread.
非洲雞 Macanese Spicy Chicken