Frango português - Portuguese Chicken 葡國雞
Galinha à Portuguesa (Portuguese-style chicken)
Galinha à portuguesa (“Portuguese-style chicken” (葡國雞)) is a dish of Macanese cuisine. Despite its name, Galinha à portuguesa did not originate from Portugal as such; rather it came from Macao, where the dish was given the “Portuguese” name to enhance its status……
Read Full Documentation
葡國雞（葡萄牙語:Galinha à Portuguesa）是澳門菜的特色菜之一。以雞肉、馬鈴薯，红萝卜、洋葱、加入椰子汁、薑黃粉，放入烤箱而成。常佐以白飯。
For the marinade
- 450g/1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2.5cm/1in pieces
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
For the galinha à Portuguesa
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp Madras curry paste or curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 200ml/7fl oz chicken stock
- 250g/9oz carrots, cut into 5cm/2in pieces
- 250g/9oz potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 50g/1¾oz cooking chorizo (chorizo for cooking), sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- For the marinade, combine the chicken with the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Let it marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- After an hour, drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- For the galinha à Portuguesa, heat a wok or a large frying pan over high heat then add the olive oil. When the oil is hot and slightly smoking, add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add the chicken, and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Transfer the contents of the wok to a large saucepan, then add the rest of the galinha à Portuguesa ingredients, including the reserved marinade, and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the coconut and olives and serve immediately.
Sad Onion: Galinha à Portuguesa