Braised Sea Cucumber with Mushroom & Broccoli
- 50g Dried Shiitake Mushroom – soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 150g Pre-soaked Sea Cucumber – cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 inch Ginger (smashed) & 2 Green Onion (white part only) – for blanching
- 4 slices of Ginger
- 1 Green Onion (white part only)
- 1 Broccoli Head (200g) – remove the stem and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 200ml Water
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- Blanch broccoli florets in a small pot of boiling water for 1-2 minute. Remove with perforated ladle into a big bowl of ice water. This is to stop the broccoli from continuously cooking and keep the colour vibrant. Drain the florets dry immediately.
- Add ginger and green onion into the same pot, let it boiling then blanch sea cucumber for 1 minute. Drain.
- In another pot, saute ginger slices and green onion in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add sea cucumber and mushrooms, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl, add sauce to the pot and cook for about 10 mins or until sauce thickened.
- To serve, place mushrooms in the center of a large flat plate, making a circle. Surround mushrooms with broccoli florets and place sea cucumber on top of the mushrooms. Pour warm sauce over the dish and serve immediately.
Sea Cucumber with Bailing Mushroom